Saturday, April 07, 2007

We are as one, against poverty

As usual, that fine woman Mofe Naira wakes me from my dogmatic slumbers.

Here at the Church of Greener Pastures:

Poverty is not our portion. We cast it out!
Extreme wealth is our portion. We sing it in! Hallelulah!

We are intensely relaxed about members of our flock having extreme wealth. Just so long as we pastors are even more wealthy. If the mighty Jesus were alive today, he would surely have a Lear Jet, for his flock is cast far and wide. I venture to think that he may have put an order in for His Own Airbus 380, so that his Global Ministrations are undertaken with maximum comfort.

What is so wrong with wanting a different coloured Hummer for each day of the week? My God is a rich God, in the mighty name of Jesus. I stand against those infected with poverty. They shall not enter through our divine, gold-plated doors.

1 comment:

? said...

Greetings!
This is only to reserve a seat here and I will be back to comment properly after exploring this excellent blog.
Ill be back. However, just in case I am taking too long, please give me a shout.
See you shortly.